1. Spending time with my children and grandchildren. Their presence de-stresses me and calms me down when there is laughter in the room and we are in that place of relaxation and laid-back ambiance.
2. I like watching the stages of life that my grandchildren goes through as they develop into their own unique personalities.
3. Taking my time to have a leisurely shopping spree and finding great bargains in the mist of it all that I probably would not have found otherwise.
4. Chopping vegetables and fruits to store away in the refrigerator for quick, convenient access.
5. Preparing a variety of different foods, recipes, and meal combinations for weight loss.
6. Exercising until the sweat is pouring off my body and the clothes are drenched in wetness.
7. Watching a comedy show to relieve all stress and tension, laughing profusely until I am bent over in pain.
8. Taking long drives. Whether it is a commute to work or otherwise, without listening to the radio, so as to enjoy the solemnness that flow through my brain.
9. Soaking in the bathtub with plenty of bubbles, surrounded by candle lights, reading pages from my favorite book, sipping on a glass of red wine.
10. Providing a service to someone that comes so easily for me and to have them overwhelmed with relief when that issue they were just encountering seconds ago seemed so unreachable for them.
11. Taking time each day to learn something new that opens up a whole new perspective for me and redirect my thinking.
12. Being crafty. Sewing, making wigs, making flower arrangements, restoring worn out furnishing by repainting them or adding a little twist to make them unique to fit in with my eccentricity.
13. Finding little treasures at the thrift stores.
14. Making those one of a kind, unique items for my grand children that fit their unique personalities.
15. Listening to other people talk and learning about their perspective on life leading me to learn something that may enhance my own lifestyle or add value to theirs in the mist of this encounter.
16. Being creative with technology. Creating my own designs and artwork using the latest software, apps, etc.
By Marjorie Gordon-DeLee